Popular Posts

Thursday, July 11, 2024

Digital Detox (Week 9, Blog 1)

 It's been long since I wrote my last post here. I gave myself a digital detox for two weeks. I can't say I was off my laptop and phone the whole time, but I spent considerably less time online. And it felt great! 

One good thing about staying away from online was giving my brain a rest from ongoing news. Sometimes, these news whether it be a gossip on social media or politics on local news page, especially headlines that are very provocative make people tired. Your brain needs a break and you need a break. 

Apart from this digital detox period, I have also been in my personal detox from Instagram. I have been spending considerably less time on Instagram which is my main social media platform. Checking people's accounts much less actually didn't change my life at all. I sometimes felt some pressure of having to upload what I'm doing, eating, and up to on a daily basis, but I didn't do it for a while on my private account and nothing changed. I saved some time having to take a picture that I want to upload and contemplating on what comments to write. I don't know how long I will do this but for now it feels great! 

Now, off to the last few weeks of the semester. I would say I feel refreshed, and I plan to spend more time on exploring course materials and keep writing blogs! 

1 comment:

  1. Hello again Idam, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your detox weeks. Sharing truly is part of our human nature, and it's great as long as we maintain a balance. You're right, staying constantly online can be exhausting, especially with the flood of information on social media. Keep up the good work, and I'll see you online before we next meet in person!

    ReplyDelete

Reflection (Week 11, Blog 3)

 This week was an "international" day for me personally, which aligns with this week's topic. I flew from Korea back to Tallah...