Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Blog Makeover Challenge (Week 6, Blog 1)

 This week, I chose to participate in the Blog Makeover Challenge. I wanted to change my blog a little bit to make it easier for myself and the readers to navigate. And to be more visually pleasing!


Below is what my blog looked like before and after:

Before

After

Some of the changes I made are:

1. Gadgets: On the top gadget space, I added the most popular blogs and limited the number to three. It is nice to see which ones got the most views. On the right sidebar, I included a list of all blog posts written so far. This will give a general overview of what I wrote; readers can easily move to it just by clicking the title.

2. Fonts: I didn't like the font of the title and the gadgets, so I changed to a slightly more neat one.

3. Background: I uploaded my favorite picture as a background image, which I took at the Parrish Art Museum in NY when I visited there back in 2020. 


I hope this makeover feels as I intended it to!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I personalized my blog a little early on in the class. I like the feature to see which of your blogs is the most popular. What a fun tool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see which ones get popular, haha. Your blog looks stunning, too. I like how it has a modern feel and a clean, sophisticated design.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of highlighting blogs that are highly interacted with. It is like having a "best of" highlight real at the top of your page. Lovely additions to your blog. Maybe your changes will encourage me to give my own blog a little tune-up!

    ReplyDelete

Reflection (Week 6, Blog 3)

 This week, I couldn't spend much time online as I had some personal duties to finish. However, this week's topic interested me, and...